Re: using fast forward feature in Window Media Player

leonard morris

Thank you for those player control command I didn’t know about those. However if you’re stuck in CTRLF and shift fast forward command hit the Space  bar I’ll thank it will go back to normal speed

On Apr 11, 2019, at 7:09 AM, David Bailes <drbailes@...> wrote:

Hi Robin,
to skip forward or backward you can use the seek slider - just press tab a few times to find it. Pressing LEFT ARROW or RIGHT ARROW moves the playback backward or forward by one twentieth of the length of the track. If you add SHIFT or CTRL to these keystrokes, then the distance moved becomes one four hundredth or a fifth of the length of the track respectively.

David.

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 12:10 AM, Van Lant, Robin wrote:

I am using Windows Media player to listen to recorded JAWS webinars.   I found a table of keyboard commands for Media Player, but I am having some issue with using the fast forward and rewind commands.  If I press Control Shift F, it sounds like a CD skipping forward, but I’m not sure how to stop it.  I tried to press the same command, but then it goes silent and Control P does not restart the webinar.  What am I doing wrong and how can I best skip forward a bit in their webinars to skip past introductory content?

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager, Strategy & Performance Management

Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060 |  www.keyequipmentfinance.com

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114