Go to your email program.
And where you type the address in
type the 10 digit number plus @vtext.com
(Text only.)
Or, @vzwpix.com ( Pictures and attachments using Verizon for example.
In the subject write your first name.
Then, write the message.
Then send it out the usual way.
Once this message is sent using outlook, the number is added to the
selective address list.

For the USA and Canada: http://www.emailtextmessages.com/

Below are other address's:
Note: Many cell phone carriers allocate e-mail addresses to their customers'
phone numbers to enable
them to receive e-mail text messages. If you know the carrier of the cell
phone you want to send text
messages to, you can use it instead of the teleflip.com domain name. Here
are the domain names of some
of the more popular carriers:

AT & T: @txt.att.net

Alltel: @message.alltel.com