Re: moving ms files

sandy

thank you so much, very easy

Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2019 2:23 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] moving ms files

Hi.

Do you know the letter assigned to the drive?

If so, the easiest is to open the run box with windows key +r, and type in the drive letter followed by a colon.

If you don’t know the drive letter, go into This pC (or “my computer”, as it used to be called) and find it there by moving down until you hear “devices and drives”, or something of that nature..

Each drive on your system is given a letter assignment by Windows.

Your external drive will *probably* be the next letter after your internal drives, including CD Rom drives.

I have two external drives that always stay plugged in, so when I plug in a new USB drive/storage device, it’s given the litter “I”.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of sandy
Sent: April 4, 2019 3:15 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

thanks, and how do I open the external hard drive?

Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2019 1:12 PM

There are lots of ways you can do it, but probably the quickest and most user-friendly is to open the two folders (IE, your external drive and wherever inside the folder structure you want to paste your Word files, and the folder where you have the Word files stored on your internal drive) in two separate windows using File Explorer. You can then select the files/folders you want to move, and either copy or cut, then paste into the destination window with ctrl-v. Use ctrl-x to cut, ctrl-c to copy. As Glen said, if you use “move” instead of “copy”, that means the source files will no longer exist in their previous locations. I use both “move” and “copy” all the tie, but it’s up to you.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of sandy
Sent: April 4, 2019 1:43 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] moving ms files

how do I move saved ms files-folders to an external hard drive with jaws 17, win 10?

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.