Re: excel 2010

Ann Byrne

Absolutely. You can set column with in Excel to whatever you like. While in the column you want to change, press alt+h, then o, then w, and type in the width you want. 8.43 is how many characters the cell will contain now. JAWS will report the width in points, though, when you press insert+f.

At 10:40 PM 8/19/2018, you wrote:
I have not needed a spread sheet in over 30 years. I am curious if I can set an excel sheet to have a column width of 10 characters and the 2nd column about 70 characters. The example that I saw had the width set to 8.43 not sure how that relates to characters.
Just thinking the last spread sheet was visa-caluc using jaws for dos on an 386 machine.

---

Please visit my web page

It's motivational, inspirational with a touch of humor

<http://www.lennymchugh.com/>http://www.LennyMcHugh.com