Re: Weather

Rebecca Lineberger

Miriam,
After you found the current conditions, if you continue to arrow down the
page, eventually you should come to words such as today, this afternoon or
tonight. If when the page first loads, instead of pressing t for table, if
you press h for heading, it should take you right to the heading with the
name of your city. After that, when I arrow down, I get the following,
which you should see too, I assume.
Name of my city
New York, NY for example
Current Radar
Radar Map
Zoom into radar image
Zoom into animated radar image
Forecast as of 2:41 PM EDT on March 23, 2019 from station with your zip code
Forecast source: BestForecast -
NWS
Tonight
With conditions for the next few days.
If you can find
Forecast source, either by arrowing to it, or by having JAWS find it by
pressing control-f, then you can add a placemarker so that all you need do
is press k when the page loads to go right to the forecast for today.
To add a placemarker, place the cursor on the line you want.
Note, I had originally used
Today
But the page uses the time of day you happen to be in, so the word today
will not always be there.
Forecast source seems to always be there so that's what I've used.
Press control-shift-k and tab to add.
When you tab, there will be several checkboxes. I checked them both because
I want the mark to be there for all pages and I do want it to be tied to
that specific text. Tab to ok.
As for sending the page to your desktop in IE, when you're on the page with
your weather displayed, press alt-f and arrow up to
Send, submenu.
Press enter.
Now down arrow to shortcut to desktop.
Press enter
It will ask you if you want to put the shortcut on your desktop.
Press enter.