Re: Problem with spell check in Outlook 2010

Rebecca Lineberger

Try alt-f7 instead.

If it finds a mistake, it will put you in a list of suggestions, saying what it thinks is the correct spelling of the word you want.  Press insert-numpad 5 to hear the word said again, and numpad 5 pressed twice quickly to hear the word spelled.  If it’s the word you want, press enter.  Press alt-f7 to go to the next mistake.  When there are no more, it will tell you.  Press ok.

If the choice it lands on is not the word you want, simply arrow down till you find it, or press ignore if you want to leave the word you typed as it is.

Rebecca

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2019 12:22 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Problem with spell check in Outlook 2010

For the past few months I’ve been having a major problem with spell checker in Outlook.

After I complete a message, I press F7 to spell check. Often there’s an inordinately long wait (more than 30 seconds or even a minute) before the first error comes up and then I often hear “space marker, word, space marker…” If I hit the key combo to change or ignore, there’s another really long wait until the next error comes up. Sometimes this does not happen and spell check

Help!! Thanks. John  works fine.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.