Re: PDF and OCR

David Ferrin

Possibly the reason we have so many options to do the various things during the day is because if a given selection does not work properly another might just do the trick. Just because a person uses something for a long time is not a good idea for never trying something else. Just m opinion for what it is worth.

From: Mike B
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2019 9:59 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] PDF and OCR

Hi Cheryl,

FS tech support has never given a direct reason but, downloading the installer is what they recommend.  Many people on this list can attest to this as well as many people on this list can attest to having to repair Jaws after using the updating feature you're using.  If you want to hear why call them and ask them.  You're having a problem so, what's going to hurt by trying something a little different.  When one thing doesn't work in other circumstances don't you try something different?  I'm not trying to be argumentative, just suggesting an alternative.  If you have Openbook installed you can use Openbook's Freedom Import Printer to scan the file as well.  To do it OB trythe following.
1. Open the file in question and press the print command, Control + P.
2. When the print dialogue opens navigate to the, Freedom Import Printer, option and press enter.
3. Give OB a little time to OCR the file and OB will come up talking and processing the file, then you can save it in your format of the choices given.