Re: Downloading Firefox- which installer to use?

Nino Dagostino

Hello:

Here is the ninite.com

http://www.ninite.com

Have a good day.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of BB
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2019 11:21 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Downloading Firefox- which installer to use?

The ninit installers are great for installing and updating many software programs. They will go out and find the latest version of the program which will work on your system and they never, ever include any of the little spyware programs. They are safe, easy and free. Try Googling for the Ninit official web site and check it out.

Sent: Friday, March 15, 2019 5:44 PM

I messed up and reversed the comment about the file size- and I do have the same installer.exe that you found. I was wondering if it was automatically detecting my OS, etc.. The other page with the table which would not read properly has columns to choose your OS and 32 or 64 versions.

I’ll install over the weekend if time allows. Thannks.

Cher

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 12:09 PM

Hi.

I just went to mozilla.org and found “firefox installer”, but it is only 314 k here, so not the one you’re talking about, obviously.

Either way though, one of those will install Firefox 65.

Try and get the 64-bit version if you have a 64-bit computer as it will probably run a bit faster.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Don & Cher
Sent: March 13, 2019 6:00 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Downloading Firefox- which installer to use?

On two different pages of the FF web site, I ended up with two different installers. One is

Firefox Setup 65.0.2.exe

Which was on a confusing page where JFW was not rendering a table correctly and you have to choose both language and OS from a table layout.

The other is Firefox Installer.exe.

Which is hugely bigger so must be a complete version.

I intended to install the Rapid Release version over the ESR version- and am wondering how to proceed. Thanks for any advice.

Cher

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.