Re: Problem With Jaws Sluggishness With Outlook E-mail

Sharon S

Hi, I am running Jaws 2018 and don’t have this issue. I am running my laptop on battery at the moment to test it and so far no change. It may be different when the battery gets lower but at the moment I am on full battery.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Ferrin
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 5:16 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Problem With Jaws Sluggishness With Outlook E-mail

Normally lap tops often cut back on processor power when running on batteries which would explain your current problems.

Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 2:12 PM

Justin:

Well, I’ve solved, or at least partially explained my Jaws sluggishness issue.

This morning, when I experienced the issue, I was running my computer on the laptop battery.

At the time, the battery was about half charged.

As soon as I plugged the computer back into the power supply, things returned to normal.

I wouldn’t think running the computer on the battery would make a difference, but, in this instance, it seems to be the case.

It’s rather strange, I know.

Tom Behler

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Williams
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 12:40 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I’ve noticed that for a while. Good it is not just me. I have windows 10 with jaws 2019.

Office 2016.

What I do is use shift down arrow.  You are selecting the e-mails, but it increases the speed.

Just up then down arrow when you want to open one.

It’s rough, but it has worked so far.

I’m open to other suggestions.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 12:11 PM
To: Jaws Users List <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] Problem With Jaws Sluggishness With Outlook E-mail

Hello, everyone.

I am not sure if this is related to the recent Windows update I just experienced, but I am now finding that Jaws is rather sluggish when arrowing through an e-mail ffolder listview in Outlook.

It used to be that when arrowing through the list, I got an instant response from Jaws as I arrowed up or down through the list view.

Now, there appears to be a ½ to 1 second delay when working through the list view.

I also notice the sluggishness when tabbing through the fields in an individual message.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what might have changed, and how I can correct the issue?

I’m using Outlook 2016, Windows 10 version 1809, and the latest build of Jaws 2019.

Thanks as always.

Tom Behler

David Ferrin
Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have preferred.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.