Re: problem with laptop layout when Pressing insert j with caps lock key nothing happens, comment

Rebecca Lineberger

I wrote the below message forgetting about the other insert key since I never use it. There is a key conflict with capslock-j, as I wrote, but the insert key on the sixpack of keys works with the j to bring up the JAWS window.  

I have the laptop keyboard layout enabled, even though I have a desktop computer.  When I use the JAWS keyboard help, which identifies what the various key combinations do, it says that capslock-j moves to the prior word and speaks it.  I’m sure there is a way to reassign what a key combination does, if you want to change it. 

But Alt-tab will bring the JAWS window into focus if you have JAWS in your taskbar, or pressing enter on JAWS in the system tray will do it if you don’t. 

Hope this helps.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2019 5:17 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] problem with laptop layout when Pressing insert j with caps lock key nothing happens

Yes I know. It seems to be the only function that doesn’t work when using the caps lock as a modifier. I’d be curious to know myself why this is so.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis L
Sent: March 15, 2019 12:41 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] problem with laptop layout when Pressing insert j with caps lock key nothing happens

Hi, can anyone help with this?  The problem is  with laptop layout when Pressing insert j with caps lock key nothing happens

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.