Re: Fix For Adobe Issue

leonard morris

I can not uncheck the recent button at startup with any of the Jaws 2019 options including spacebar, route jaws to PC and left mouse, click, or the enter key. This is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Version 19.10.20098.316574 I'm currently using.

On 3/13/2019 6:04 AM, Louise Johnson wrote:

Hi thanks very much for this information it did help me.

One question all is there a linit to how many pages that Jaws will read when using JAWS recognition thanks Louise and princess Kiara

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rebecca Lineberger
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 8:50 AM
To: JAWS Users List <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] Fix For Adobe Issue

OK, here it is.  I called tech support.  Smile.

Adobe did something that Broke JAWS, as he said, but it’s easily fixed.

Open Adobe, either from the icon on your desktop, or from the start menu.

Press control-k.

Press s till you hear

Security enhanced.

There is a checkbox that says,

Enable protected mode at startup.  It’s checked.  Press the spacebar to uncheck it.

Tab to OK.

Tab to OK again.

Now it works as it should.

I’d gone into this menu when I was trying to find a solution, but I did not go to security enhanced.  That’s why we have tech wizards!

Rebecca

A mind is like a parachute.  It doesn't work if it isn't open.

--
"Every country has an idenity, history, customs,  and culture. It's a unique landscape in determining how its people live, work and play."