Re: jfw 10 2019 outlook 2016

Sharon S

Hi, I am having the problem of Outlook crashing. It seems to happen when opening some messages. I’m not sure what it is about the messages because even when I go back and try opening it again Outlook crashes again.

I’m also using Eloquence with Outlook 2016 365 version.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Monday, March 4, 2019 8:03 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] jfw 10 2019 outlook 2016

Hi.

The human-sounding voices will slow down your computer a little bit, depending on its specs. That was my observation when using the Vocalizer voices with jAWS. However, I’m not sure this is the problem in this case. I’m using JAWS 2018 and Outlook 2016 and I have noticed that at times after opening a message either Outlook or JAWS crashes and spontaneously restarts. It’s a little irritating, for sure, but there doesn’t seem to be much that can be done about it at this time. I’m now using good ole’ basic Eloquence again (long may it thrive), and still have this issue. It doesn’t seem connected in any way to the voice synthesiser in use, but it does seem related to JAWS in some way. Perhaps if enough of us report this as a bug to VFO or whatever they are calling themselves today, this can be looked into and resolved. Maybe finding others who do *not* have this issue and yet use a similar setup would also be useful.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Karim Lakhani
Sent: March 3, 2019 11:31 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] jfw 10 2019 outlook 2016

Hello,

I have been really frustrated reading my mail, with jaws 2019.

I will be going through my messages and outlook just closes and then restarts.

Could it be because I'm using human voice and the lagging, not being able to keep up with the reading of mail?

I like the feature that outlook reads your messages as you open them, but to me I'm thinking the jaws scripts for reading mail cannot keep up to the speeds I'm reading my messages at?

I use the Samantha premium voice?

the speed I like is around 75%.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.