Mike B. <mike9902@...>
I found this information buried in my notes and hope the steps still work:
The following briefly describes how to first download and install the thumb drive application, second, download the video intercept driver, and third,
the thumb drive application on another computer.
Application Download and Install
1. Plug your USB thumb drive into your computer's USB port.
2. Select the appropriate thumb drive download link (32-bit or 64-bit) that appears at the end of this procedure.
3. When the dialog box opens, choose Save, and select a location on your thumb drive where you can easily find the downloaded executable file.
4. Run the downloaded executable file and extract the files to your thumb drive.
5. Repeat steps 2 through 4 if you are installing both products.
Video Intercept Download
1. Select the appropriate video intercept link (32-bit or 64-bit) that appears at the end of this procedure.
2. When the dialog box opens, choose Save and save the file to the root of your thumb drive. (If needed, this file will let you install the video intercept
driver on any computer that does not already have it installed.)
JAWS/MAGic 32-bit Video Intercept (32.8 MB - FTP download)
JAWS/MAGic 32-bit Video Intercept (32.8 MB - HTTP download)
JAWS/MAGic 64-bit Video Intercept (34.4 MB - FTP download)
JAWS/MAGic 64-bit Video Intercept (34.4 MB - HTTP download)
Start Thumb Drive Application
1. Unplug the USB thumb drive and plug it into a different computer. Windows automatically displays a dialog box asking what action you want to take next.
Select "Start JAWS" or "Start MAGic" and then press ENTER.
If this dialog does not appear, press WINDOWS Key+R, type "X:\JAWS100" or "X:\MAGic110" (where X is the drive letter assigned to your thumb drive) and
Note: If the video intercept has not been installed on the computer, choose the Cancel button when the Autorun dialog box displays. Next, press WINDOWS
Key+R, type "X:\FSVideoIntercept.exe" where X is the drive letter assigned to your thumb drive), and press ENTER. This installs the necessary JAWS and
MAGic video components on the computer. You must have administrative privileges to install these files.
2. You can now use JAWS or MAGic just as if it were installed on the computer's hard disk drive. Any settings changes that you make are saved on the USB
thumb drive so that you can use them next time. When you are finished working on the computer, quit JAWS or MAGic and remove the drive from the USB slot.
Take care, Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool.
Take Care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.
Book: a utensil used to pass time while waiting for the computer repairman!