Re: Files and Folders in Documents Folder

Rebecca Lineberger

When you press alt-enter to bring up properties, all you need do then is to press insert-b for JAWS to read the dialogue box.  Just sit back and listen.

If you don’t want to hear all the extra stuff, as soon as you press insert-b, virtualize the window with insert-alt-w.  Now you can arrow through the text with your up and down arrow keys, or left and right arrows or any of the other combinations we use for reading by letter, word or line.  You can also copy and paste.

Press escape to get out of the virtualized window and escape again to get back to your folder or file list.

Rebecca

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed
Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2019 6:25 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Files and Folders in Documents Folder

Hi,

I went to my documents folder and entered on the properties tab. I went through all six tabs and found nothing about size or number of folders. I am using W10 and Jaws 19. I went to my documents folder through this pc.

What am I doing wrong?

Mr. Ed

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2019 11:58 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Files and Folders in Documents Folder

Hi.

You can place your cursor on the folder or library, hit alt-enter and open the properties box. This will tell you how many files and folders it contains, the size in kilobytes, etc.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of jyandt.martin@...
Sent: March 7, 2019 12:55 PM
To: jaws-users-list <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] Files and Folders in Documents Folder

Morning all.

Using JAWS 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop, can anyone tell me the procedure for finding out how many files and folders I would have in the My Documents folder? Many thanks.

Jerry

Found on a T-Shirt at WalMart:

“Of course your opinion matters ... just not to me!

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.