Re: speech in safe mode

Charles Nicol

Hi,

Might it be possible that Eric Damery or someone else, from Vispero, comments on this post? It would be excellent if JAWS could operate in Safe Mode, as many of us, who work in corporate environments, are faced with logging in blind to SafeBoot (WINDOWS 7) or BitLocker (WINDOWS 10). By default, JAWS does not speak at this point of boot up and I have had to get I.T. technicians to by-pass the log-in, in Safe Mode, then present a CTRL-ALT Delete screen to me for signing into, so that my machine is still secure. At least, I do have JAWS speaking at this stage.

Can JAWS be made to come up speaking, in Safe Mode? Any comments?

With Kind Regards,

Charles Nicol
Technology Analyst / Co-Chair, Enable Network

Digital Servicing Readiness Team
Channel & Digital, Innovation & Change.

Working from home, on Mondays. Available, in office, Tuesdays - Fridays.

T 0141-958-5346 or 07954-403269
E Charles.Nicol@...

Clydesdale & Yorkshire Bank

2nd Floor, Granite House
31 - 33 Stockwell Street
Glasgow, G1 4RZ.

        please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

From:        "Gerald Levy via Groups.Io" <bwaylimited@...>
To:        jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date:        06/03/2019 16:59
Subject:        Re: [jaws-users] speach in safe mode
Sent by:        jaws-users-list@groups.io

This sounds simple in principle.  Well, if getting JAWS to speak in safe
mode is as simple as tweaking the registry, then why hasn't this feature
ever been incorporated into JAWS?  Surely, modifying JAWS to tweak the
registry so that it speaks in safe mode can't be a difficult feature to
implement.  There must be more to it.  Maybe this tweak does not work on
all systems. Of course, if you attempt this tweak on your own, good
luck.  Fooling around with the registry is always risky, especially for
the technically challenged like myself. So I prefer waiting until the
software experts at Vispero figure out a way to make speech in safe mode
with JAWS a practical reality.

Gerald

On 3/6/2019 11:32 AM, Bernard Georgiou wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Please could I have a copy of the .reg file for my own use. Many thanks.
>

> Bernard
>

> On 06/03/2019 14:48, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
>> Gerald,
>> It has nothing to do with the screenreader, it's about loading the audio
>> drivers in safe mode, which normally, very few drivers are loaded in
>> safe
>> mode, for diagnostic purposes.
>> I have sent the registry file to a few already, but you can make a
>> reg file
>> by copying the below text to a .TXT file in notepad, and then save
>> it, and
>> rename the .TXT to .REG and save it, and press enter on it and it
>> will be
>> added to your registry.
>> Here's the text:
>>

>> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Network\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
>>
>> @="[6cFgE][Şοûпđ, νìδ℮ô άήδ ğªмè ¢őήťřόℓŀèґš !!! !!! !]"
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Network\{640167b4-59b0-47a6-b335-a6b3c0695aea}]
>>
>> @="Portable Media Devices"
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Network\AudioEndpointBuilder]
>>
>> @="Service"
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Network\Audiosrv]
>>
>> @="Service"
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Network\HdAudAddService]
>>
>> @="Service"
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Network\HDAudBus]
>>
>> @="Service"
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Network\drmkaud]
>>
>> @="Driver"
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Network\MMCSS]
>> @="Service"
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
>>
>> @="[6cFgE][Şοûпđ, νìδ℮ô άήδ ğªмè ¢őήťřόℓŀèґš !!! !!! !]"
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\{640167b4-59b0-47a6-b335-a6b3c0695aea}]
>>
>> @="Portable Media Devices"
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\AudioEndpointBuilder]
>>
>> @="Service"
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\Audiosrv]
>>
>> @="Service"
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\HdAudAddService]
>>
>> @="Service"
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\HDAudBus]
>>
>> @="Service"
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\drmkaud]
>>
>> @="Driver"
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MMCSS]
>> @="Service"
>>

>> end of text don't copy this line.

We will never ask for your login details, passwords, PIN or any details of your accounts or cards. If a link in an email takes you to a page asking for any of this information, or if you have any other reason to suspect an email or site might not be genuine, do not disclose any personal information and forward it to ReportPhishing@... (please note no acknowledgement will be sent). Please call or write to us if you need to refer to personal account details or other confidential information.

This e-mail is issued by a CB Group company. The contents of this e-mail are confidential and will have no contractual effect unless it is otherwise agreed between a specific CB Group company and the recipient.

The CB Group is Clydesdale Bank PLC (which is registered in Scotland at registered office 30 St Vincent Place, Glasgow G1 2HL with Company No SC001111), each subsidiary or holding company of Clydesdale Bank PLC from time to time, and each subsidiary from time to time of any such holding company. For the avoidance of doubt the CB Group includes, among others, Yorkshire Bank Home Loans Limited (Company No 01855020) which is registered in England and Wales at registered office 20 Merrion Way, Leeds LS2 8NZ.

Clydesdale Bank PLC, which also trades as Yorkshire Bank, is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. (Financial Services Register No. 121873).

Yorkshire Bank Home Loans Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. (Financial Services Register No. 303825)

Credit facilities other than regulated mortgages and regulated credit agreements are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

The views and opinions expressed in this email may not reflect those of any member of the CB Group. If you are not the addressee (or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee), please notify the originator immediately by return message and destroy the original message. This message and any attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving the CB Group network. However, CB Group does not guarantee the security of this message and will not be responsible for any damages arising as a result of any virus being passed on or arising from any alteration of this message by a third party. The CB Group may monitor emails sent to and from the CB Group network