Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2019 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws and inaccessible buttons

Hi all!

I use the touch cursor in JAWS to access a lot of information!

You can turn on the touch cursor by pressing:

Shift+Numpad Plus!

To turn it off, just press Insert+Numpad plus twice to go back to the PC cursor.

Now, your arrow keys turn into swipes on a touch screen.

Pressing the right arrow, with the touch cursor turned on, for example, mimics swiping right on the touch screen.

The left arrow swipes left, and so on with the up and down arrow.

This allows the program you are using, to think you are swiping like you do on your touch screen phone!

This really helps a lot to access buttons and controls that you cannot access any other way!

Now, once you arrow to what you want, press enter.

Pressing enter with the touch cursor turned on, is like the double tap on a touch screen.

The program thinks you are performing the double tap by pressing enter with the touch cursor on in JAWS.

It is a huge feature, and it is too bad that more people do not know about its power.

I hope that gets you all started with using the touch cursor in JAWS.

David Moore

                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10