Re: Problem with JAWS, Chrome and the Amazon website

chris judge

I haven’t experienced chrome being finniky or unstable. I’m using jaws 2019 on a windows 10 based system.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy
Sent: February 22, 2019 3:17 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Problem with JAWS, Chrome and the Amazon website

Okay, time for a littlebrowser summary.  IE 11 is still supported, but depending on whom you talk to, it is obsolete and no longer secure and thus should not be used as your primary browser.  Firefox 65 only works with later versions of JAWS, but blind-essential add-ons like Webvisum, Plain Old Favorites and Navigational Sounds will not work with it.  Waterfox is supposed to be a souped-up version of Firefox, but it does not work on 32 bit systems.  Google Chrome is finicky, unreliable and unstable, even if you use JAWS 2019.  And don't even get me started with Edge, which only works with Windoes 10, if it works at all.  Do I have all this right?

Gerald

On 2/22/2019 1:10 PM, Mike B. wrote:

Hi Dave,

Although J16 is old it still works 100% of the time with everything except for Chrome here recently, and I don't use a newer version of Firefox so I ain't commenting on that, but with Waterfox J16 works great.  I'm speaking of J16 64 bit on a Windows 7 64 bit system mainly since J16 is my default screenreader program on this computer.  J2019 is my default on my Win10 Pro 64 bit system and Chrome is crashing on it as well.

Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.