Re: new laptop

chris judge

Sweet. Aren’t those SSHDs the cats meow? I’d never go back.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Marvin Hunkin
Sent: February 13, 2019 4:32 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] new laptop

Hi. Got a new laptop. Did have a Toshiba satellite pro, almost 5 years and a 1 tb Toshiba  external drive, and was starting to die. So got this new model. A assus vivo book x 540 uar, intel I 7 7 64 bit, 8 gb ram, 500 gb ssd hard disk, running windows 10 home 64 bit 1809.a nice machine, very quiet and very fast, never had a ssd before. Also got a portable Samsung external  500 gb  ssd drive. And have it set up, where I don’t have to enter the password, just click the sign in button, and takes a few seconds to wake, and jaws comes up. Got jaws 2019 home 64 bit, and got a sma, for the next version. And love windows 10. And faster transferring data, it took me about 10 minutes to copy across 50 gb of data, compared to my old machine, would have been 2 or 3 or more hours. And has dolby sound, real great. Uses the real tech and has the 3 usb 3 ports, and the headphone jack on the left, no dvd drive. And it alerts me when I have unplugged the headphone jack. 15.6 screen, with a num lock, and my mom had to put cork dots on the left, right, up and down arrow keys, and had this machine almost a couple of months. A sighted friend, will strip my Toshiba, do a clean install and set it up for his mother. A friend of mine. He is a programmer, and a geek. So, thought I would pop in and say hello. So, my machine’s working great.and also got intel 420 graphics, and the machine use 6 or 8 cores. Very fast.

Marvin.

Ps: so not asking for any help. Have configured windows 10, to how I like it.