Re: Using Outlook 365 with JAWS

Ann Byrne

Thanks. I will try it.

At 08:44 AM 2/13/2019, you wrote:
Hi,

I from time to time have to sign into my outlook.com address to check the spam folder, but have no problem with this as long as I do 2 things both of which work just fine for me. First, insure that you are using google chrome as this will give you good results. Second, once you are signed in, press insert Z to disable the virtual pc curser. This should allow you to access the message list as well as the folder list without a problem. HTH.

Matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Reed Poynter
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 5:48 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Using Outlook 365 with JAWS

Indicating that we should use the Light Version (stripped-down version) if we have accessibility needs is a cop-out for Microsoft. The full version should be fully accessible.

Reed
-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Aubertin, Gerry
Sent: February 12, 2019 12:23 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Using Outlook 365 with JAWS

Hi Ann:

I guess it's no longer referred to as the "blind and low vision experience". Once you have signed into OWA, pick options, then Outlook version.

Here' a screen shot:
Outlook version
Select the check box below if you want to use the light version of Outlook.
The light version provides a simplified experience for users who have:
Older web browsers
Low bandwidth connections
Accessibility needs

Use the light version
Changes to this setting will take effect the next time you sign in.

Gerry Aubertin
Programmer/Analyst
Phone: (519) 273-8702

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - The contents of this message and the attachments are confidential and are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).
If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately delete it without reading it and without further distribution or disclosure. Any further distribution of this message to others is subject to this Confidentiality Notice and/or any confidentiality agreement or non-disclosure agreement in effect that covers the information contained in the message and any attachments.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.