Issues displaying HTML E-mail messages in Windows Live Mail

Victor Gouveia

Hi Folks,

I’m using the latest version of Jaws 2019 and the latest version of Windows Live Mail, and usually, when I read my mail, I use the preview pane, though I read my mail in plain text.

Often though, when I want the message to take me to a website or a link within the message, I’ll switch it to HTML view, but as of 2019, when ever I do this switch to HTML, I can’t get past the first line, and the Jaws message reports zero links in the message, even though I know there are plenty.

I’ve checked my window size, and it’s maximized and I still can’t read my messages.

The same happens when I open the message instead of reading it in the preview pane, I still can’t get past the first line in the message.

This used to happen with 2018, but I just thought this was an issue with my fifteen year-old computer and not Jaws, and it also didn’t happen all the time and occasionally, when I switched windows, the issue would go away.  Now, no matter how many times I switch applications, it doesn’t let me read the message.

Does anyone know if this is a bug in Jaws, or is there a setting I can change that will fix this?

Victor