Re: Any suggestions on how to restore or get back a .JCF file?

Adrian Spratt

Thanks, Mike. I came back from dinner to find not only your posts, but also that FS’s rep had replied. He said to delete the file and the old one will reappear. Well, the file is deleted, but it hasn’t come back even after a PC restart. Even so, Word is back to where it was before I pasted that catastrophic file. This feels like the opposite of that line, “The operation was a success. The dog died.” In this case, the operation failed, but the dog revived. Call me baffled but relieved.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 9:37 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Any suggestions on how to restore or get back a .JCF file?

Hi Again Adrian,

Maybe a system restore back to the time & date of before pasting the JCF file might work, but I'm not positive about that.

Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 5:16 PM

Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Any suggestions on how to restore or get back a .JCF file?

Hi Adrian,

Is there any way you can access a backup of your system?  If I recall you do a regular backup and if you can access a recent backup you can get a copy of your old Word.JCF file from there.

Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:52 PM

Subject: [jaws-users] Any suggestions on how to restore or get back a .JCF file?

Hi. This afternoon FS sent me a Word.JCF file that they hoped would resolve a problem I’m having with Word 2016 and JAWS 2019. I made the mistake of pasting it over the existing Word.JCF file without first saving that original file. the new .JCF file causes Word to repeat every line. It’s a nightmare.

Can anyone suggest how I restore or retrieve the original Word.JCF file?

Thanks.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.