Re: Being thrown out of an edit field in Facebook.

DGH

Well, I’m not being bounced out of Facebook, but rather out of an edit field that I am typing in.  I remain in Facebook or whatever page I might be on, but it closes the edit field and with the Jaws navigation quick keys turned on and I am typing a message, I end up some place else when I receive a message in Outlook.

I guess I could just close Outlook while I am on a web page but that isn’t a solution.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2019 3:49 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Being thrown out of an edit field in Facebook.

The browser isn’t the issue. It’s being bounced out of Facebook when an email message arrives. I have no idea why this would happen, but this is what I understand to be the question.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Williams
Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2019 4:31 PM

Oh, Okay.

Well the composing in word or notepad is still good.

But, Not sure.

Hav eyou tried this in different browsers?

Justin

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of DGH
Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2019 3:29 PM

I should have mentioned that this happens not only in Facebook but in any web site when I am in an edit field.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Williams
Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2019 2:07 PM

Either use the moble site, or compose the message in notepad or word then paste it in.

Justin

from: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of DGH
Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2019 1:15 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Being thrown out of an edit field in Facebook.

Whenever I am in an edit field in Facebook writing something and I receive an email message in Outlook I am thrown out of the edit field.  I can find my way back to where I left off but it’s aggravating to say the least.

Using latest build of Jaws 2019, Internet Explorer and Outlook 2016.

Any solution?

Thanks!

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.