Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2019 4:55 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] switch - was Convert files with a right click from Windows Explorer

i believe HUMBERTO is correct. You would need the source to have wav or FLAC to give you the sound quality you are looking for. If they are high quality MP3, just leave them be and you will save a lot of disc space.
MP3 files are roughly one tenth the size of WAV files and according to the below information FLAC is about half the size of WAV.
FLAC vs WAV Size
FLAC format has compression built-in, so FLAC files are usually half the sizethe WAV files with the same content, but this compression does not affect the quality of the sound. WAV is better, because it supports 32 bit and up to 4.3 Mhz sampling as well as multi-channel audio.
HTH,
Richard

On Feb 9, 2019, at 4:21 AM, Humberto Rodriguez <sub@...> wrote:

Hello Takis:

Once the audio file was compressed as MP3, converting it to .wav or any other format will not improve its quality, it cannot ever go back to what it was prior to converting to mp3, all the subsequent conversion does is increase the size of the file without improving the sound.

Humberto