Re: facebook page

JM Casey

Hm. There is a thread about it on a list I’m on right now. I haven’t really looked into it myself but I’ve been thinking about it too.

I’m only suggesting this because I don’t think facebook is a good platform for writing, tutorials or otherwise. It’s great for a quick social media check or chatting with your friends, but it doesn’t really have any proper blogging features or anything. I suspect most of your friends wouldn’t even see your entries unless they specifically went to your wall.

There are other blogging platforms too, which you could consider looking into. Alternatively, since you are doing this for blind users, you could probably quite easily create a simple website and just set up links to each of your tutorials. The nice thing about a blog though is that people can subscribe and receive notifications whenever you have a new entry.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin
Sent: February 7, 2019 11:48 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] facebook page

I posted about word press got no response!  Everytime I try to write a blog in word press word press says I have no sites and I get a list of prices.  Personal, business etc.

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent: Thursday, February 7, 2019 8:37 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] facebook page

Hi.

It doesn’t really matter what facebook platform you create it on, though the regular site has more functionality. It has an editor for notes, even, which you can use html in I think.

But…I personally would not use facebook at all for the purpose you have in mind. A personal website or blog would seem to be more useful in this respect. Maybe look into wordpress. I am pretty sure some successful blind bloggers have used it.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin
Sent: February 7, 2019 10:26 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] facebook page

I want to create a facebook page to put tutorials I

Have composed myself or by others about how to do computer things solely with the keyboard.  I want to do this because every help article I’ve come across have been aimed at the sighted you know click in the right corner blah blah.  Would it be better if I created it in the moble facebook site or the regular site?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.