Re: block quote.
Mike B. <mike9902@...>
Hi Again Jim,
Okay, that Blocked Quote setting option changed in JAWS2018, and thank you Rebecca for giving me a kick in the right direction!
Try the following:
1. Open the Settings Center in either of these 2 ways. Use this option for individual applications / programs.
A. Press, Insert / Jaws Key + 6, on the number row above the main keyboard.
B. Press, Insert / Jaws Key + F2, to open the, Jaws Manager, arrow down to,
Settings Center, & press enter.
With the Settings Center open press, control, shift , + D, to open the
Settings Center Default All Applications. Use this option for making changes for all applications / programs.
3. Arrow down to, Web / HTML / PDFs closed, and right arrow to open.
4. Arrow down to, Reading, and right arrow to open.
4. Arrow down 1 time to, Web Verbosity Level, and the default setting is medium, so arrow down 1 more time to, Configure Web Verbosity Level closed, and right arrow to open.
5. Arrow down to, Medium...., and press the spacebar to open. Do not press enter here, because if you press enter it will close the Settings Center.
6. Tab 1 time into a list of options and, Blocked Quotation, is the first checkbox, so press the spacebar to uncheck this option.
7. Tab to, Okay, press the spacebar, again tab to, Okay, and press enter to save your change and close the Settings Center.
Let us know if this got you fixed up.
Take care. Mike. Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement. In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Rawls
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2018 11:31 AM
Subject: [jaws-users] block quote.
Hi all, I have asked this question before and still don’t have an answer. I am running jaws 2018. Sometimes when I open an email or a document, jaws keeps saying, block quote block quote. In previous versions of jaws, I have been able to get jaws to quit saying that. I haven’t found a way to do it in jaws 2018. I went to the settings center and typed in block quote and it said no results found. How can I get jaws to quit saying block quote? I am running windows ten along with jaws 2018. Jim