Re: Jaws 2019 will not install

Bob Hicks

OK Vicki.  I only have Jaws 2018 on my machine.  I have earlier version on this machine, but no short cut on my desktop.         I think Jaws 17 was the first                 one on this machine.  I have Jaws 17, 18, and 2018 on the hard drive.

I don’t understand because the progress bar goes to 100% and for the briefest of a moment I think it is done and then I get the installation failed announcement.  Thanks for the idea

Have a great day, 73

Bob Hicks, KC8CR

Windows 7 and 10 home 64 bit

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Vicki W
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 12:19 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws 2019 will not install

I had this exact problem and discovered that, because I had another version of JAWS earlier than JAWS 16 installed, it wouldn't install. Once I uninstalled the earlier version and installed JAWS 16, the JAWS 2019 worked fine.

If you don't want another version of JAWS on your computer, then take them off and try to reinstall the 2019. If you do want another version on there as a backup, then try uninstalling earlier versions of JAWS, installing JAWS 16 and then install your 2019.

I faught this for months until I finally got it right. It was, for me anyway, an immediate fix.

Vicki

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 6:44 AM

Subject: [jaws-users] Jaws 2019 will not install

Hi guys.  I have tried4 or 5 times to install Jaws 2019 without success.  The progress bar says 100%, but then it follows up with “installation failed” with an OK button.  I am right back to Jaws 2018.  I am using Win10 1803,, 64 bit, home.  Thoughts or suggestions.  I am downloading the software from the FS web site.

Have a great day, 73

Bob Hicks, KC8CR

Windows 7 and 10 home 64 bit

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.