Re: Short cut keys for Skype 8

chris judge

Hi. Here is a list of both windows and mac commands for skype 8.

Hotkeys in Skype (version 8) for Windows Desktop

Windows desktop Hotkey     Mac Hotkey    Action

Ctrl + I         Open Notification panel

Ctrl + comma Open app settings

Ctrl + D        Launch main dial pad

Ctrl + N        Start new conversation

Ctrl + G        New group

Ctrl + F         Search for all contacts, messages and bots

Ctrl + Shift + S        Search within selected message

Alt + 2 Open contacts

Alt + 3 Open contact screen to bots

Ctrl + O        Send feedback

Ctrl + R         Refresh the app

Ctrl + T         Open themes

Ctrl + Shift + T        Toggle between light and dark mode

Use Alt + V to bring up the View menu to zoom in, out, or return to actual size

Ctrl + Shift + = to zoom in

Ctrl + - to zoom out

Ctrl + 0 for actual size        Use the View button to zoom in, out, or return to actual size

Up arrow after sending a message  Edit the last message sent

Ctrl + P         Show conversation profile

Ctrl + Shift + A        Add people to conversation

Ctrl + Shift + U        Mark as unread

Ctrl + Shift + K        Start a video call

Ctrl + Shift + P        Start an audio call

Ctrl + Shift + F        Send a file

Enter   Start a PSTN call

Ctrl + Shift + G        Open gallery

Ctrl + S         Take a snapshot

Ctrl + E         Hang up

Ctrl + M        Toggle mute

Down Arrow   Select the next message in the chat list

Up Arrow       Select the previous message in the chat list