Re: Problem Re-initializing Jaws Scripts for Outlook Express

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Steve,

If you want to run a Jaws version that still has Outlook Express scripts, install the latest version of Jaws 16.  Any Jaws versions newer than J16 will not have the Outlook Express scripts.  To read the message headers they'll have to be turned on and arranged in the order you want them in the View menu / Columns.  You also need to go into the Jaws context menu / Option / Manage application settings and make sure that MSIMN, MSOE & Outlook Express are checked.  I don't know if you will have these settings on your computer but, that's what I have.  You will probably have to label some graphics as well.
Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2019 1:14 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Problem Re-initializing Jaws Scripts for Outlook Express

I know Mike D has Outlook Express running with Windows 10.

I just upgraded from using OE with Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the upgrade process.  I, of course, had to re-install OE from Rafael's site and run the Outlook Restore file.

I did that and got all my messages, though, regretably, I have to re-build my address book and list of signatures -- but the problem I'm having is I can't get Jaws to run the old Outlook Express scripts.

I ran the OE script tool that the late Carlos provided to comment out the Winmail item, but the scripts still won't read the from, date, to fields as you could before using Jaws 16.4438.

Steve

Lansing, MI   

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.