Re: outlook and jaws

Alan Robbins

Unfortunately, I’ve made these settings in the past but the messages still do not read automatically as they did in 2018, do they for you?

Al

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of david
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2019 7:48 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] outlook and jaws

insert+v=jaws quick settings,

down-arrow and check the box,

messages automatically read,

this should help.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Karim Lakhani
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2019 7:55 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] outlook and jaws

Hello,

I have been using jaws 2018 and office 2016, when I open outlook messages, in version 2016, the2018 version reads the message when I open it, or even when move to the next message.

I'm alternating between the 2 versions of jaws, and the 2019 version does not read the messages in outlook when you open them.

So from my understanding is they should behave the same way, has any one else had this experience?

I'm not sure what to try when one version does what you want, but the newer version of a program cannot do the same?

I have made sure to maximize the window.

Thanks for any tips!