Re: Bit Inquiry

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Jerry,

To go a little further as to what Glenn said.  If you have both, Program Files and Program Files (x86), folders on the root of your C drive this mens you are running a 64 bit system.  The Program Files are the 64 bit programs are installed to and the Program Files (x86) folder is where the 32 bit programs are installed.
Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2019 3:48 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Bit Inquiry

I thought you meant bytes.
If you want to know if it is a 32 bit system, look in the C:\ folder and if there is only a Program Files folder, and not a program files (x86) folder, then it is a 32 bit operating system.
Glenn
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2019 5:01 PM

So by the mere fact of what to type in the search box, it is a 32 bit system, correct; while a desktop is a 64 bit system? Thanks.

Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2019 4:44 PM

Hi Jerry,

Try the following:
Press, Windows key + R, to open the Run dialogue, and type, msinfo32 , and press ENTER.  Tab 1 time and down arrow through the list to find, System Type, information
plus a lot more info about your computer.
Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.
To: jaws-users-list
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2019 2:28 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Bit Inquiry

Afternoon all.

Can anyone tell me how to find out what the bit size is on my laptop? Using JAWS 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Thanks much.

Jerry

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.