Microsoft Edge usability

Van Lant, Robin

My company has just switched to having Microsoft Edge be our default browser.  IE 11 is still installed, but any link we click opens in Edge and we can no longer save favorite’s in IE.  I have read through the Edge user guide someone on the list shared for settings and keyboard commands in Edge, but still find the reading experience in Edge strange.  For example, today I opened our company directory in Edge and then in IE.  In Edge, pressing X for checkbox would not announce the checkbox nor the employee name next to it and, instead gave some odd info about a table and the column headers.  I could not get to the information I wanted.  When I went back to IE, the navigation with X worked just great to select the employee listing I wanted.  The information JAWS read was quite different.  I would have thought the experience would be the same, but that is not at all what I’m finding.  I have also tried Edge for accessing my department’s SharePoint site and again find the viewing and editing experiences quite different between Edge and IE.

Is anyone using Edge as their preferred browser?  I’m wondering if I should make an accessibility case to our IT department to download Google Chrome or regain more access to IE as my default browser.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager

Key Equipment Finance |  720-304-1060

www.keyequipmentfinance.com

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114