Re: Jaws Reading Item Number in List View

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Pam,

Here you go:
1.  Settings center, Insert + 6, on the number row above the main keyboard.
2. Control + Shift+ D, for (default all applications)
3. Down Arrow to, web/html/pdf's   closed, right arrow to open.
4. Down arrow to, reading (closed), right arrow to open.
5. Down arrow to, configure web verbosity levels (closed), right arrow to open.
6. Down arrow to, Medium..., press the spacebar to open, this is where the sucker is hiding!!!  Down arrow to , List, and uncheck it.
Ann

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2019 12:12 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws Reading Item Number in List View

Adrian,

Could you please repeat where to find this setting?  I am not finding it and I can't locate the original email.

Thanks much,
Pam

Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2019 1:18 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws Reading Item Number in List View

Thanks, Rick. However, this isn't the kind of list I had in mind. It's one I don't want to lose, and like many of us, I wish I had it in Outlook. What I was looking for turns out to be "Web verbosity," which Ann uncovered. One website I regularly visit suddenly added lists and nestled lists within lists to it weekly updates, and it was too distracting. Now there are no lists, nestling or otherwise, and I can focus my attention on the information.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Justice
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2019 9:13 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Jaws Reading Item Number in List View

To stop Jaws from reading the number of an item while arrowing thru a list, Go to the Jaws settings center, then speech verbosity, then configuration.
In the list of items, (number 17) position information, uncheck the box, and save your settings on the way out.
Jaws will still announce the location of the item when using the say-all command.
This worked for me in Jaws 2019.

HTH,
Rick Justice

"Tomorrow's another day, another way!"
"and if tomorrow never comes, problem solved!"

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.