Re: How do you copy text in Chrome

Adrian Spratt

Hi, Señor Mike and Mr. Ed.

When you switch to the virtual cursor for copying, not only do you neutralize the format, but you also remove the links.

If you are a Word user, you can make  the copy as Mr. Ed describes while keeping the format consistent with your document by pasting the copied section not with control-v, but with the special paste command, control-alt-v. with this special paste command, you are given choices. I press the home key and select the last.

That said, I have the virtual cursor set as my default because it stops webpages from moving around when I’m navigating. However, I switch out of it when I need to keep the links intact.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 11:42 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] How do you copy text in Chrome

Howdy Señor Edwardo,

If you want to copy the text without all the formatting try the following

1. Open Chrome and then, press, Insert + V, to open Jaws quick settings

2. Arrow down to, Virtual Cursor Options, if it's closed, right arrow to open.

3. Arrow down to, Select and Copy.... and you'll hear either,  Select & copy From Virtual Cursor or, Select & copy from Full content using onscreen highlight.

4. If you hear, Select & copy from Full content using onscreen highlight, press the spacebar to toggle this to, Select & copy from virtual cursor, now tab to, Okay, press enter to save and close.

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 6:56 PM

Subject: [jaws-users] How do you copy text in Chrome

Hi All,

Seem to me someone posted something that had to be changed so you could copy info in Chrome and paste it in Word. Does anyone remember what had to be change either in Chrome or Jaws to make this happen? I am asking this question for another person.

Mr. Ed

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.