From the Adobe site, you are suppose to be able to download older versions, but I could not get that feature to work for me.

BTW, I am running Windows 7, not Win 10, so can't confirm how XI will run on Win 10.

John

On 1/24/2019 11:15 AM, Tom Behler wrote:
John:

Where can I get Adobe Reader DC Version XI if I end up needing it?

Not sure what version I have on my older Windows 7 machine, but that one
does work, although I don't have the executable file here.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of
John M.
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 11:08 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Adobe Acrobat DC Problem

I encountered this same problem several months ago, immediately after DC
installed an update. I tried removing and reinstalling DC, but that did not
fix the problem. I finally removed DC and reinstalled version XI. I
installed all of the available updates and have been using it to access PDF
files with no further problems. I know that some will jump up and down and
scream that there are security issues that exist in older versions of
Reader. While that is correct, I feel it is a very low risk for me. It is
more important that I can get my work done without fighting with software
that stops working with my screen reader because of an update.

John

On 1/23/2019 8:57 PM, Tom Behler wrote:
Hello, everyone.

For some reason, Adobe Acrobat DC is suddenly no longer reading PDF
documents on my new Windows 10 computer.

The same documents are being read with no problem on my older Windows
7 machine.

Both computers are using the latest build of Jaws 2019.

I’m wondering if I need to un-install, and re-install Adobe Acrobat DC
on this new Windows 10 computer.

If so, can someone give me a legitimate link via which I can get the
program.

Or, are there other things anyone would suggest I check before taking
this step?

Thanks very much.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan