From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf
Of John M.
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 6:08 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Adobe Acrobat DC Problem

I encountered this same problem several months ago, immediately after DC
installed an update. I tried removing and reinstalling DC, but that did
not fix the problem. I finally removed DC and reinstalled version XI. I
installed all of the available updates and have been using it to access
PDF files with no further problems. I know that some will jump up and
down and scream that there are security issues that exist in older
versions of Reader. While that is correct, I feel it is a very low risk
for me. It is more important that I can get my work done without
fighting with software that stops working with my screen reader because
of an update.

John

On 1/23/2019 8:57 PM, Tom Behler wrote:

Hello, everyone.

For some reason, Adobe Acrobat DC is suddenly no longer reading PDF
documents on my new Windows 10 computer.

The same documents are being read with no problem on my older Windows
7 machine.

Both computers are using the latest build of Jaws 2019.

I'm wondering if I need to un-install, and re-install Adobe Acrobat DC
on this new Windows 10 computer.

If so, can someone give me a legitimate link via which I can get the
program.

Or, are there other things anyone would suggest I check before taking
this step?

Thanks very much.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan