Re: selecting lines and columns in Open Office

Van Lant, Robin

Glen,

I don’t use open office, but wonder if you could open that file in Open office, then save it to a format that will work in Excel so you can do all your file manipulation there.  Interesting that issue you are having with opening the CSV in Excel.  Without seeing the file, I’m surprised you cannot indicate to Excel when you open it how you want it to treat the delineators.  I recall this in the past, but haven’t  needed this functionality since in Excel 2016.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2019 9:12 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] selecting lines and columns in Open Office

Hi,

I usually use Excel because there a lot of keyboard commands built-in with it.

I am unable to use Excel for my CSV file, because Excel shifts all the commas over, and apparently Open Office does not do this.

So I opened my file in Open Office, and Jaws is reading the cells and menus, and I went through all the menus and tried the application key to no avail.

I need to be able to select entire rows.

In Excel, that is shift + space bar.

That does not seem to work in Open Office.

Windows 7 and Jaws 18.

Thanks for any assistance.

Glenn

Sent From My Tabletop

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.