"Start of dialog modal content"

Van Lant, Robin

Hello,  I’m using JAWS 2019 on Windows 10 and, for this question, I’m getting the same results on IE, Edge and Chrome.

My company has a portal for our HR information.  As best I can understand it, there are tabs across the top for various aspects of content and some tiles on the home page for quick access to things such as pay checks, retirement account balances, and so on.  They also have something that rotates images where they’ll add links to timely information, such as open enrollment or, at present, downloading tax documents.   The outsourced company that manages this portal has been making some changes to it and seems to be thinking about accessibility.

My question is that, when I use JAWS to pull up a list of links and/or if I down arrow through the portal, I am hearing  “ Start of dialog modal content”.  That text appears in the list of links multiple times on the page.  If I’m arrowing through the page, I’ll also hear “end of dialog modal content” right after the above text.   It seems that a couple of these are right before a new tile and maybe also various aspects of banners where there are different links.  Right now it’s’ just a lot of verbal clutter, as nothing seems to happen if I click one of the these “start of dialog modal content” links.  Anyone with web design knowledge know what this could be indicating and if there is a reason they might be including it?  I do have a contact that will forward my questions to the designers of this portal, so I’m just trying to better articulate and anticipate before crafting my message.

TIA,

Robin Van Lant

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager

Key Equipment Finance |  720-304-1060