toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Ah, exactly what I was about to say...
Oregonite, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 10:36
Subject: [jaws-users] McAfee live safe
I sent an email earlier about McAfee live safe quick clean tool and I wanted
to know what exactly would it delete if I had short cuts checked off and I was
searching on google and found my answer here is what quick clean will do.
- standard Windows deletion, see below.
- Click Done.
QuickClean (Shredder) vs. standard Windows deletion
- QuickClean completely erases the data you specify for deletion
and leaves no traces on the hard drive. The data is unrecoverable, even if you
use recovery software.
- Standard Windows deletion removes the data and frees hard drive
space on your computer, but it does so by deleting the record of the data in
the index, not the data itself. It is often possible to recover the data using
recovery software and tools unless Windows writes other data over the physical
space on the hard drive that your data occupies.
Creating scheduled QuickClean tasks
QuickClean allows you to
configure and schedule QuickClean scans.
- Inside QuickClean, open the Schedule drawer.
- Click the radio button beside Select a schedule or Create my own
- Select a schedule - Select a preconfigured schedule.
- Create my own schedule
- On the schedule panel, select the interval for the scan:
- Every week
- Every second week
- The first week of the month
- The last week of the month
- Select the time of day for the task to start.
- Select the days of the week for the scan to run.
- Click Apply.