I sent an email earlier about McAfee live safe quick clean tool
and I wanted to know what exactly would it delete if I had short
cuts checked off and I was searching on google and found my answer
here is what quick clean will do.
- standard Windows deletion, see below.
- Click Done.
QuickClean (Shredder) vs. standard Windows deletion
- QuickClean completely erases the data you specify for
deletion and leaves no traces on the hard drive. The data is
unrecoverable, even if you use recovery software.
- Standard Windows deletion removes the data and frees
hard drive space on your computer, but it does so by deleting
the record of the data in the index, not the data itself. It
is often possible to recover the data using recovery software
and tools unless Windows writes other data over the physical
space on the hard drive that your data occupies.
Creating scheduled QuickClean tasks
QuickClean allows you to configure and schedule QuickClean
- Inside QuickClean, open the Schedule drawer.
- Click the radio button beside Select a schedule or
Create my own schedule.
- Select a schedule - Select a preconfigured
- Create my own schedule
- On the schedule panel, select the interval for the
- Every week
- Every second week
- The first week of the month
- The last week of the month
- Select the time of day for the task to start.
- Select the days of the week for the scan to run.
- Click Apply.