McAfee live safe

anna vimini <annav@...>

I sent an email earlier about McAfee live safe quick clean tool and I wanted to know what exactly would it delete if I had short cuts checked off and I was searching on google and found my answer here is what quick clean will do.

  1. :
  • Recycle Bin - Deletes items in your Recycle Bin.
  • Temporary Files - Deletes all files in your temporary directory.
  • Registry - Deletes registry keys no longer associated with a program.
  • Shortcuts - Deletes shortcuts to folders or programs that no longer exist.
  • Windows history - Clears the list of recently accessed files.
  • Lost file fragments - Deletes file fragments no longer associated with a program.
  • Active X controls - Deletes downloaded Active X installers.
  • Jump lists - Deletes the lists of documents, songs, or websites that you access frequently
  • Flash and Silverlight cookies - Deletes saved Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight cookies.
  • Memory image files - Deletes saved images of running processes and programs.
  • Problem report files - Deletes saved Windows and program error reports.
  • Thumbnail cache - Deletes saved icon thumbnail files.
  • For Mozilla FirefoxInternet Explorer, and Google Chrome:

    • Cookie cleaner - Deletes saved cookies.
    • Cache cleaner - Deletes your web browser cache.
    • Browser History cleaner - Clears the list of websites you have recently visited.

    • For Microsoft Outlook email:

      • Deleted items - Deletes the contents of the Outlook Deleted Items folder.
      • Sent items - Deletes the contents of the Outlook Sent Items folder.
    • When you have chosen your options, click Apply.
    • Click Clean.
    • Open the drawers in the Confirm QuickClean window to verify the items listed.
    • If you approve of the selections, click Continue.

      WARNING: The files on the Confirm QuickClean list will be erased. For more information about the differences between deleting files with QuickClean versus standard Windows deletion, see below.

    • Click Done.

    QuickClean (Shredder) vs. standard Windows deletion

  • QuickClean completely erases the data you specify for deletion and leaves no traces on the hard drive. The data is unrecoverable, even if you use recovery software.

  • Standard Windows deletion removes the data and frees hard drive space on your computer, but it does so by deleting the record of the data in the index, not the data itself. It is often possible to recover the data using recovery software and tools unless Windows writes other data over the physical space on the hard drive that your data occupies.
  1. standard Windows deletion, see below.

  2. Click Done.

QuickClean (Shredder) vs. standard Windows deletion

  • QuickClean completely erases the data you specify for deletion and leaves no traces on the hard drive. The data is unrecoverable, even if you use recovery software.

  • Standard Windows deletion removes the data and frees hard drive space on your computer, but it does so by deleting the record of the data in the index, not the data itself. It is often possible to recover the data using recovery software and tools unless Windows writes other data over the physical space on the hard drive that your data occupies.

Creating scheduled QuickClean tasks
QuickClean allows you to configure and schedule QuickClean scans.

  1. Inside QuickClean, open the Schedule drawer.
  2. Click the radio button beside Select a schedule or Create my own schedule.

    • Select a schedule - Select a preconfigured schedule.
    • Create my own schedule

      1. On the schedule panel, select the interval for the scan:
        • Every week
        • Every second week
        • The first week of the month
        • The last week of the month

      2. Select the time of day for the task to start.
      3. Select the days of the week for the scan to run.

  3. Click Apply.