How to rip CDs with VLC

Adrian Spratt

I’m hoping someone can give me step-by-step instructions for how to rip a CD with VLC media player. I’ve tried intuition and Google, but I’m getting nowhere. I know to start with control-r, and I also know to select disc. I know that VLC recognizes the CD I have in that drive. However, I can’t get any results. One time I accidentally recorded two tracks, but even though they were somehow saved as .WAV files and VLC is my default .WAV app, there’s no sound. By contrast, when I just play the CD with VLC, the sound is fine.

I’ll mention that I have Windows Media player set to rip CDs, but I close that program when I want VLC to do the job. Could it be interfering anyway?

Thanks for any instructions or tips.