Re: About the message ADMIN: Re: [jaws-users] Person X To Be a Presenter On The Next Tek Talk Presentation

Alan Robbins

Well stated, lets await a response.

Al

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2019 9:05 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: About the message ADMIN: Re: [jaws-users] Person X To Be a Presenter On The Next Tek Talk Presentation

Rick,

I removed the name from the subject line that prompted your message below, and started a new thread so as not to highjack the original, but I have some questions pertaining to this.

First, the only way I found the list guidelines is the pdf file that has a link to it from the FAQ link at the bottom of each message.

After opening that file from the link, and after hearing the word clickable for about the tenth time, I stopped reading and downloaded the file and read it in Acrobat.  Perhaps an html page could be created with that content so it is easier to read.  Yes, I know I can turned off the clickable announcement but most beginners are not going to know that.

Second, the first three sentences of the guidelines state:

Hello and welcome to the JAWS Users list. This list has been created for The purpose of discussing all

aspects of the JAWS for Windows screen reader Program.

So everything that pertains to JAWS is fair game.

The announcement of a speaker on a public forum talking specifically about Jaws information seems quite appropriate to me, and I would not have thought to ask for permission either.

Thirdly, way down in the guidelines document it says:

The SUBJECT: field should be short and to the point without including any member names.

How are we to know who are members and who isn't?

I'd recommend not only making the guidelines document an html page of its own, but changing that to not including any individual's name in the subject line.

I'm all for lists having clear guidelines, so I hope you take this as intended; as a way to make the guidelines more clear and easily accessible.

Thank you,

Richard