From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of patti
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2019 7:28 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Creating Contact Groups in Outlook 2016

Hi Jim,
Here is how I added people to my distribution list.
I'm running J18, Outlook 2010.
Adding names to list
1, open up the group list you want
2, tab to the members list
3, alt H, M then C.
4, Arrow down to who I want to add, enter 5, Tab to Ok, enter That will put you back in your list of contacts

I HTH, Patti

Hello, I have been going around in circles with this task.

What was once called distribution lists are now called contact lists in Outlook 2016.
From the main Outlook Window, I pressed control 3 to go to contacts.
Then, from the Home tab of the ribbon, I choose New Contact group, type in a name, and press Alt S to Save.
Sure enough, the name of the contact group I have just created is there.
Now comes the hard part.
There is supposed to be a way to either add members from existing contacts, or add members manually to your newly created contact group.
I have looked in the Applications menu, all over the ribbon, but I am completely stumped, I have browsed the help topics, but cannot figure it out for some reason.
This seems like it should not be that difficult, so if anyone has been successful, I could sure use some guidance.
Thanks a lot.