Re: strange text

Jim Pursley

I have no answer to JAWS speaking "x Unicode", having searched through
Tbird Tools at least once as I'm now experiencing the same thing.
Unicode is indeed a language, but not in thesense we all use it.
From Wikipedia
Unicode is a computing industry standard for the consistent
encoding,
representation, and handling of
text
expressed in most of the world's
writing systems.
.

Sayall pipes up with X Unicode when reading text and encountering a
list (for me anyway). It could be that the character set used in the
main body is not Unicode.

I keep searching for a solution to rid myself of this
occasionally-spoken unwanted label.

On 1/9/19, Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@gmail.com> wrote:
You might try the following: Within your email program, press insert V,
find reading options, make sure language detect change is not checked.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

~ Blaise Pascal ~

On 1/9/2019 3:41 PM, leonard morris wrote:
I'm using Windows 7 and Jaws 2019 with Thunderbird email. How can I
stop Jaws from saying the graphic or x unicode in emails. I'll try and
put some text from the Washington Post and send it to see if folks
here know what I'm trying to convey. See the line below.

• What happens to Jerome Corsi?

--
Do de right thing