From: "Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io" <Robin_Van_Lant@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2019 6:20 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Microsoft Accessibility workshops

All,
Pardon me if this has already been shared and I missed it. A coworker
shared a pdf flier with me today on the first few Microsoft Accessibility
workshops for 2019. I have not attended one of these yet, but do plan to
pick one or check out the archives. I'm pasting the text of the flier
below, since I don't think the list accepts attachments.

Robin

Accessibility Learning Webinars.pdf
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and organization on the
planet to achieve more. We are committed to delivering great experiences and
customer service to people with disabilities. We have received feedback from
many of our customers asking for training on the accessibility features of
our products. Our team also understands not all our customers have the
flexibility to connect with Microsoft accessibility experts at conferences.
series
to empower every customer with accessibility knowledge.
Each month we will bring an interactive online event where any customer with
a disability can learn about the latest Microsoft accessibility features,
productivity tips for school and work, or technology that enables a more
independent and full life. Each webinar will last one hour and is divided
into
two parts. First, guest presenters from Microsoft product teams will
demonstrate how to use technology through a live video broadcast. Then,
attendees
and presenters will participate in a moderated question and answer session.
Read on to find out about upcoming events and register.
Schedule & Registration
201
Thank you for your interest in attending an Accessibility Webinar. Below,
you will find descriptions to upcoming webinars followed by a link to
register.
Prior to the event, you will receive an email with the link to join the
webinar as well as how to access captions and other accessibility features
during
the webinar. There is a limit to the number of attendees for each webinar,
so please be sure to register early and only for the events you want to
attend.

Narrator 101
January 16, 2019, 12:00 - 1:00 pm Pacific Time (8:00 - 9:00 pm GMT)
Presented by Jeff Bishop and Mariah Moon from the Narrator team.
Windows 10 includes features designed to empower every person to achieve
their full potential, including people with vision, hearing, mobility,
cognitive
and speech disabilities. This session is designed for those individuals
wanting to learn more about how to use Narrator1, the free built in
1
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22798/windows-10-complete-guide-to-narrator
screen reader included with Windows 10. In the current Windows release we
have brought a number of major improvements to Narrator to make it easier to
learn and use as well as making it more familiar for existing screen reader
users. Join us, ask questions, and learn directly from members of the
Narrator
team.
During this session we will demonstrate how to:
list of 5 items
* Start Narrator.
* Use the new QuickStart tutorial
* Fine tune your Narrator experience with the rich set of Settings.
* Browse the web with Narrator.
* Send and receive email with Narrator.
list end
After completing this session you should be familiar with the basic concepts
needed to use Narrator, including using basic Narrator commands, browsing
the web, changing Narrator settings and sending and receiving email.
Register for Narrator 1012
2
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbRxkCFbE8eohLlKeYJpcMV_BUM0E5SkFDUFNIQjNRWDdEUVQ0Q09GTjZWOS4u
3
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbRxkCFbE8eohLlKeYJpcMV_BUQThSMUkzVEJRVjZRM0FDODA0ODdMSkoyQS4u
Magnifier and Low Vision Features in Windows 10
February 20, 2019, 12:00 - 1:00 pm Pacific Time (8:00 - 9:00 pm GMT)
Presented by Jason Grieves from the Windows team.
Microsoft's mission is to "empower every person and every organization on
the planet to achieve more" and this session will dive into how Microsoft is
empowering people who are Low Vision to achieve more!
This session is intended to demonstrate the low vision accessibility
features in Windows 10, including features recently introduced in the
Windows 10 October
2018 update. We will also announce some features that are planned for 2019.
Finally, we will describe how to become a "Windows Insider" to get early
releases
of new features and how to provide feedback on both generally available and
early releases of Windows 10.
This session will demonstrate new features like:
list of 2 items
* Magnifier centered mouse mode that makes it easier to find and use the
mouse cursor.
* "Make Text Bigger" option that increases the text size across Start,
Windows Mail, Office, web applications such as Twitter and Netflix, and many
other
applications and places within Windows.
list end
Join us to ask your questions about the latest Low Vision features in
Windows 10 and learn what's next.
Register for Magnifier and Low Vision Features in Windows 103
Navigating the New Office Ribbon
March 20, 2019, 12:00 - 1:00 pm Pacific Time (8:00 - 9:00 pm GMT)
Presented by Jeremy Spurlin and Lorena Huang Liu from the Office team.
Have you ever found it difficult to find a specific command in the Office
Ribbon while editing a Word document or composing an email reply? If you
have
used Office Online recently, you may have noticed a new Simplified Ribbon
that is more streamlined and has fewer visible controls. This session will
show
how you can focus better on your content with less distraction in the Ribbon
while still being able to access all of the Ribbon with your favorite
commands,
and quickly navigate the Simplified
Ribbon with your keyboard.
Register for Navigating the New Office Ribbon4
4
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbRxkCFbE8eohLlKeYJpcMV_BUN0tRNVhaRjZTUjRQQ05RQTYzTUc5WkMzQS4u
5
https://microsoftaccessibility.uservoice.com/forums/307429-microsoft-accessibility-feedback
6
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=518252
7
Feedback & Support
929
Microsoft is committed to delivering the best possible experience for all
our customers. Would you like to suggest a topic for a future webinar? Let
us
know through the Microsoft Accessibility Forum5 Accessibility Webinar
category.
If you have a disability or have questions related to accessibility, please
contact the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk6 for technical assistance. This
includes help registering or joining an Accessibility Webinar. The
Disability Answer Desk support team is trained in using many popular
assistive technologies
and can offer assistance in English, Spanish, French, and American Sign
Language.
If you are a government agency, business, school, or other organization, you
can connect with an accessibility expert by contacting the enterprise
Disability
Answer Desk7. The support team can
answer accessibility related questions about Microsoft products, file bugs
or feature requests, and track down accessibility conformance reports.
Archives
1076
Did you miss an event or are you unable to attend the live session? All
events are recorded and a link to the recording will be posted below within
a few
days after the event.

intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying,
the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This
communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers
directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose
information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails'