Microsoft Accessibility workshops

Van Lant, Robin

All,

Pardon me if this has already been shared and I missed it.  A coworker shared a pdf flier with me today on the first few Microsoft Accessibility workshops for 2019.  I have not attended one of these yet, but do plan to pick one or check out the archives.  I’m pasting the text of the flier below, since I don’t think the list accepts attachments.

Robin

Accessibility Learning Webinars.pdf

At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. We are committed to delivering great experiences and

customer service to people with disabilities. We have received feedback from many of our customers asking for training on the accessibility features of

our products. Our team also understands not all our customers have the

flexibility to connect with Microsoft accessibility experts at conferences. In response to overwhelming demand, we are launching a monthly webinar series

to empower every customer with accessibility knowledge.

Each month we will bring an interactive online event where any customer with a disability can learn about the latest Microsoft accessibility features,

productivity tips for school and work, or technology that enables a more independent and full life. Each webinar will last one hour and is divided into

two parts. First, guest presenters from Microsoft product teams will demonstrate how to use technology through a live video broadcast. Then, attendees

and presenters will participate in a moderated question and answer session.

Read on to find out about upcoming events and register.

Schedule & Registration

201

Thank you for your interest in attending an Accessibility Webinar. Below, you will find descriptions to upcoming webinars followed by a link to register.

Prior to the event, you will receive an email with the link to join the webinar as well as how to access captions and other accessibility features during

the webinar. There is a limit to the number of attendees for each webinar, so please be sure to register early and only for the events you want to attend.

Narrator 101

January 16, 2019, 12:00 - 1:00 pm Pacific Time (8:00 - 9:00 pm GMT)

Presented by Jeff Bishop and Mariah Moon from the Narrator team.

Windows 10 includes features designed to empower every person to achieve their full potential, including people with vision, hearing, mobility, cognitive

and speech disabilities. This session is designed for those individuals wanting to learn more about how to use Narrator1, the free built in

1

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22798/windows-10-complete-guide-to-narrator

screen reader included with Windows 10. In the current Windows release we have brought a number of major improvements to Narrator to make it easier to

learn and use as well as making it more familiar for existing screen reader users. Join us, ask questions, and learn directly from members of the Narrator

team.

During this session we will demonstrate how to:

list of 5 items

• Start Narrator.

• Use the new QuickStart tutorial

• Fine tune your Narrator experience with the rich set of Settings.

• Browse the web with Narrator.

• Send and receive email with Narrator.

list end

After completing this session you should be familiar with the basic concepts needed to use Narrator, including using basic Narrator commands, browsing

the web, changing Narrator settings and sending and receiving email.

Register for Narrator 1012

2

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbRxkCFbE8eohLlKeYJpcMV_BUM0E5SkFDUFNIQjNRWDdEUVQ0Q09GTjZWOS4u

3

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbRxkCFbE8eohLlKeYJpcMV_BUQThSMUkzVEJRVjZRM0FDODA0ODdMSkoyQS4u

Magnifier and Low Vision Features in Windows 10

February 20, 2019, 12:00 - 1:00 pm Pacific Time (8:00 - 9:00 pm GMT)

Presented by Jason Grieves from the Windows team.

Microsoft’s mission is to “empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more” and this session will dive into how Microsoft is

empowering people who are Low Vision to achieve more!

This session is intended to demonstrate the low vision accessibility features in Windows 10, including features recently introduced in the Windows 10 October

2018 update. We will also announce some features that are planned for 2019. Finally, we will describe how to become a “Windows Insider” to get early releases

of new features and how to provide feedback on both generally available and early releases of Windows 10.

This session will demonstrate new features like:

list of 2 items

• Magnifier centered mouse mode that makes it easier to find and use the mouse cursor.

• “Make Text Bigger” option that increases the text size across Start, Windows Mail, Office, web applications such as Twitter and Netflix, and many other

applications and places within Windows.

list end

Join us to ask your questions about the latest Low Vision features in Windows 10 and learn what's next.

Register for Magnifier and Low Vision Features in Windows 103

Navigating the New Office Ribbon

March 20, 2019, 12:00 - 1:00 pm Pacific Time (8:00 - 9:00 pm GMT)

Presented by Jeremy Spurlin and Lorena Huang Liu from the Office team.

Have you ever found it difficult to find a specific command in the Office Ribbon while editing a Word document or composing an email reply? If you have

used Office Online recently, you may have noticed a new Simplified Ribbon that is more streamlined and has fewer visible controls. This session will show

how you can focus better on your content with less distraction in the Ribbon while still being able to access all of the Ribbon with your favorite commands,

and quickly navigate the Simplified

Ribbon with your keyboard.

Register for Navigating the New Office Ribbon4

4

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbRxkCFbE8eohLlKeYJpcMV_BUN0tRNVhaRjZTUjRQQ05RQTYzTUc5WkMzQS4u

5

https://microsoftaccessibility.uservoice.com/forums/307429-microsoft-accessibility-feedback

6

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=518252

7

Feedback & Support

929

Microsoft is committed to delivering the best possible experience for all our customers. Would you like to suggest a topic for a future webinar? Let us

know through the Microsoft Accessibility Forum5 Accessibility Webinar category.

If you have a disability or have questions related to accessibility, please contact the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk6 for technical assistance. This

includes help registering or joining an Accessibility Webinar. The Disability Answer Desk support team is trained in using many popular assistive technologies

and can offer assistance in English, Spanish, French, and American Sign Language.

If you are a government agency, business, school, or other organization, you can connect with an accessibility expert by contacting the enterprise Disability

Answer Desk7. The support team can

answer accessibility related questions about Microsoft products, file bugs or feature requests, and track down accessibility conformance reports.

Archives

1076

Did you miss an event or are you unable to attend the live session? All events are recorded and a link to the recording will be posted below within a few

days after the event.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114