Re: best browser for jaws 17

cheez

Oh, Sandy, you did take it the wrong way!

Vince

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 12:34 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] best browser for jaws 17

I have chrome, firefox and I e, and I know there are other browsers, so wanted to askexperienced people. give me a break

Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 12:49 PM

Sandy,
Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems to me, if you have JAWS 17 on 3 different computers, and you've found that different browsers work differently from each other, then you, should be telling us, which browser is the best.

Happy new year!

Vince

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 11:39 AM

You won’t be able to use Firefox anymore because of their changed architecture that only works properly with JAWS 2018 or another screen-reader, or Edge (assuming you have Windows 10), because there is no Edge support in anything prior to the final build of JAWS 18. Some people have reported success with Waterfox, which uses Firefox legacy code. I don’t know about Waterfox, myself; I don’t know how well it is really supported by its developer and I am a bit cautious about it. I’m also not sure how much success you’ll have with Chrome, but I believe . updated Chrome still works fine with JAWS 18, so your best bet might be to try it.

Otherwise, you might have to run IE if you’re determined to keep using that JAWS version.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of sandy
Sent: December 31, 2018 6:34 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] best browser for jaws 17

I have jaws 17 on 3 computers, and have found that different browsers work differently from each other, and would like to know what is the best browser to use with jaws 17

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.