Re: chrome help needed jaws speaking thing in address bar/omnibox even though it is turned off

Dennis L

I see turn off auto complete in internet explorer that is all I see.  I’m on windows10. 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 1:01 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] chrome help needed jaws speaking thing in address bar/omnibox even though it is turned off

That is called auto complete.

If it isn't in chrome settings, you can find it in control panel.

I'll bet if you tap the windows key and type in the word auto and down arrow, you will find where to turn it off.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 11:54 AM

Subject: Re: [jaws-users] chrome help needed jaws speaking thing in address bar/omnibox even though it is turned off

No for example if I type m.basic.facebook.com

As I start typing m.b jaws will speak suggestions.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 12:51 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] chrome help needed jaws speakings thing in address bar/omnibox even though it is turned off

Is it giving unwanted notifications?

Mine does that, and it may be ad ware that I haven't been able to get rid of.

If you bring up task manager and go through the list of things running, you will find multiple instances of Chrome.

Close all you can, usually you can get three closed and the others will already be closed.

Chrome loads multiple instances of itself for separate web actions for more stability.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 11:16 AM

Subject: [jaws-users] chrome help needed jaws speakings thing in address bar/omnibox even though it is turned off

Hi, as I start to type Jaws will start to speak I turned off predictive and auto fill in settings and search suggestions it still will speak how do I fix this?

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.