Re: outlook 16

Adrian Spratt

Hi, Karim. I recently took these steps to bring up a sound announcing the arrival of new email:

1. From Outlook, select “File” > “Options.“ (alt-f, t)

2. Arrow down to “Mail.”

3. Tab to the settings for When new messages arrive. Check or uncheck the “Play a sound” box.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Karim Lakhani
Sent: Saturday, August 4, 2018 6:09 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] outlook 16

thanks to all who helped with this outlook setup.

I'm wondering why I can't choose a new mail sound from a folder on my hard drive?

When I navigate to the place to choose sounds and when I go to new mail folder and my wav files don't show up.

When I look it the folder from this computer, the sounds are all there.

I was also  trying to change the reminder sound but couldn't accomplish because of this situation.

I'm using win 10 and I'm the administrator on this computer.

Thanks!

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Lee
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 3:13 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] outlook 16

Hello Karim,

The following info is for Outlook 2013 but I think will likely still apply to Outlook 2016.

When in a list of messages such as the inbox, press Alt F followed by T to open Outlook’s options.

Press A to get to the Advanced category.

Tab until you hear “Outlook start and exit” and that it is a browse button.  In Outlook 2013 you tab three times from the category list.

Use spacebar on the Browse button.

Use up or down arrow key to find inbox in the list of startup folders that appears.

When Inbox is in focus tab to OK and use spacebar.

Tab again to OK and use spacebar.

You will likely need to restart Outlook to test and see if it works.

Take care. 

Brian Lee

brianllee@...

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Karim Lakhani
Sent: August 1, 2018 9:01 AM
Subject: [jaws-users] outlook 16

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can help?

I'm using windows 10 and jaws 2018.

When I open outlook the folder that I'm on is the out box, I would like it to go to t he ibn box?

I'm not sure why this default has changed, I'm probably not choosing the way to change the folders.

I'm sure I changed something for this to happen, because all other outlook versions have always go to the in box.

I'm able to use the control "I" to get to the inbox but would like to resolve this default.

Thanks in advance.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.