Re: may need a new computer - a few questions

Lenny McHugh <LennyMcHugh@...>

thanks will check it out.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 11:34 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] may need a new computer - a few questions

Lenny,
First, I don't know whether that is indicative of a motherboard
failure, but in any event, with support for Windows 7 ending in a year
and a half, going to Windows 10 is inevitable.

There are people who use Windows Live Mail on Windows 10, so you can
hopefully install a copy if you have one; some of the sites that have
old programs archived that you can download might help.

I use LapLink PCMover to move most of my programs and data from an
older computer to a newer one. It will migrate almost anything,
including your emails, address book, a lot of other programs as well
as your settings and favorites. It is marginally accessible, it can
be done (or at least it could with the version I had) with Jaws, but
you need to be a pretty advanced user because sometimes you have to
use the OCR feature to make your choices.
The program costs about $40, but it beats the hell out of spending
several days trying to move all the data and installing all the
programs on a new PC.

Steve
Lansing, MI

On 12/31/18, Lenny McHugh <LennyMcHugh@...> wrote:
I think that my mb is going. When I power down I get a very loud static like

sound in my speakers. This set is plugged into the mb. The other internal
sound card died about 2 years ago. This is a win 7 32 bit computer.
What do you mostly use for email on a win 10 machine?
I am still using windows live mail and really do like it.
If I can not install windows live mail on a new machine how do I move all of

my saved emails to the new client?
I probably will also have a 2nd hard drive installed. I have always used
home or custome made machines. Not sure route I will take this time. If a
name brand I wonder if I would run system restore to get rid of all the junk

that they install?
thanks for any thoughts and Happy 2019 to all!

---

Please visit my web page

http://www.LennyMcHugh.com