Re: best browser for jaws 17

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

I am trying out Waterfox. So far it is working very good.

----- Original Message -----
From: John M.
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 5:43 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] best browser for jaws 17

Hi Sandy,

I am currently using Firefox 55.0.3 with Jaws 16 and it works fine. It
should also work with Jaws 17. I gave up on Jaws 17 after about 6
months, because of the constant crashes. I tried Jaws 18 when it came
out, but the crashes continued. I have a perfectly stable, usable
Windows 7 system with Jaws 16, Firefox 55 and Office 2010. Jaws never
crashes (I probably just jinxed myself) and I can get my work done,
which is the most important thing to me. Just be advised that Firefox 55
is a bit over a year old now, so it does not have all of the latest
security updates. But if you use the Internet in a responsible manner,
you should be ok. Also, if you have a version of Firefox newer than 55
already installed on your computer, you will have to uninstall it prior
to installing version 55. Here is a link that will take you to the
download page for the Windows 64-bit English version of FF 55.0.3:

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/55.0.3/win64/en-US/

Best,

John